Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Old But New

Ha, funny title, right?.

So to explain, I wanted cookies and I am runny low on supplies, so I had to improvise a bit. I do not have any chocolate chips so in my brownies I added peanut butter chips.

I was runny low on oats and out of walnuts, so my oatmeal raisin cookies are more raisins, lots of cinnamon, flax and chia seeds, and more whole wheat flour ( I needed to add extra apple sauce and water than I normally would due to texture difference with the extra flour).

I also tried a new twist on the peanut butter and jelly bars I had made. This time I used cashew butter, no oats (the last of them went into the oatmeal raisin), blueberry jam, and no chips on top.

So we will have to see how everything will taste. I haven't eaten anything just yet.


If you are all wondering, "Where on earth does she get this passion for cooking and baking?" Well I have an answer for all of you. My padre! I get the cooking passion from him, I'm not quite sure where the baking bug bit me though. Hum. The other day my dad made veal osso bucco for dinner for my family. Here is it before he put it in the oven to cook:

And now an after it cooked for two or three hours:

He is an amazing chef. I just haven't eaten a lot of his cooking recently. Mainly because I am vegetarian and he does not cook that way. He and I will, some time in the future, be making our own vegetable stock to make pasta figioli! I can't wait.

What's For Dinner?
Tuesday, February 1st
Roasted root veggies, cashews, and parsley salad.

Wednesday, February 2nd

Lemon rosemary hummus with veggies.

Until next time we meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment