Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Time For Eats

So ever since I've come back from summer camp and started school I haven't really had too much time to get very creative. I know, I make way too many promises, and I really plan to fulfill them one of these days. My Pinterest recipe boards are so full with things I want to make and just wish I had the time (and stomach capacity) to make them all. One of these days.

But really. I have been able to make a few fun yummy foods/meals. Not really recipe worthy postings but I can share some tempting photos with you and how I made them.

First, I was going on a job interview in Summit and found this really cute spice shop and had to venture in. I bought ground caraway seeds (which I have a strange obsession with) and a spice blend called Vindaloo.

It has coriander, garlic, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, brown mustard, red pepper, jalapeno, cardamom, turmeric, Tellicherry black pepper, and cloves. Every spice I LOVE!!! Like, those of you who know me, coriander is my go to spice and cinnamon, can't live without it. I roasted some yellow beets and parsnips with with it and it has a nice amount of heat to it. Not too over bearing.

So then while I was buying those spices, the guy behind the counter gave me a spice blend for free because I liked spicy things.

He gave me Berbere which has Cayenne pepper, garlic, ginger, fenugreek, cardamom, cumin, black pepper, allspice, turmeric, cloves, Ceylon cinnamon, and coriander. I roasted chick peas with that mix and it had a tasty kick to it. I put them in a salad with mango, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, roasted corn, parsley, and basil. I loved it, so did my boy friend (well that's what he told me, he didn't care for the fresh herbs as lettuce though). I also made garlic cheese bread to go with it (that he devoured).

And who's happy for FALL?? This girl. Well I eat pumpkin all year round, but most other people are all excited for pumpkin everything!! So I made a pumpkin chick pea flat bread with the ground caraway seeds.

Topped it with cinnamon cashew butter,


fresh super ripe figs,

and kale.

Yum!!! I really love figs.

I had some not so ripe figs and decided to roast them,

then topped kale with them along with roasted beets and sweet potatoes, and an avocado.

Strange but good. (You know me and strange go hand and hand.)

Last but not least, some herb flat bread with kale, tomatoes, and fennel seed cashew creme sauce.


That's all I have for now. But do expect a cake recipe soon, like I'm 100% going to follow through with that one. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment