Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

All Things Irish

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Oh to be Irish! Well on St. Patty's Day everyone is Irish so KISS ME!! =*

All silliness aside, for those of you who may not know I am actually part Irish, on my mom's side. Her mom is, I believe, half Irish, but I am that among other things. So I had a full out Irish making food day yesterday. Here are some of the tasty treats that I made:

Irish Soda Bread in mini form

Guinness Irish Soda Bread Loaves

Irish Car Bomb Cup Cakes

Oh yes these bad boys have Guinness in the chocolate cake batter, Jameson in the chocolate truffle center, and Baliey's in the frosting. I say this recipe on one of the blogs I follow. I should my brother it and he immediately wanted them. I am always up for a challenge in the kitchen, so I took on the task. They came out very good.

And this now leads me to what I had to celebrate St. Patty's Day. I combined all of my heritages to celebrate Mediterranean and Irish. I made green hummus:

Green Hummus

3/4 can of chick peas
3 tablespoons tahini
juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 bunch of fresh parsley
2 garlic cloves, roasted


Place the chick peas, garlic, lemon zest, spices, and spinach into food processor and pulse a few times to start and break everything up.

Add in the tahini and then turn on the the machine and drizzle in the lemon juice until it becomes a smooth paste. Add in the parsley and pulse a few times to combine the parsley.


Yummy and green!!

What's For Dinner?
Monday, March 14th
The usual salad.

Tuesday, March 15th

Sauteed mushrooms, peppers, roasted beets, and some added spinach in the end to almost wilt it.

Wednesday, March 16th
Roasted corn, asparagus, peppers, black olives, cheese, guc, and salsa.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment