Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut...


and sometimes you feel like having THREE!

Sorry for not posting anything for a week, but excuses aside, I just haven't had any thing good to post about. I did not really make anything worthy of posting. So this week I have come up with two recipes to post!! I'm going all out this week, and from now an I am going to try and post at least twice a week, hopefully more!

Now back to the reason of this here post: Sometimes you feel like having three nuts. Oh yes I know that song is famous from Almond Joys and Mounds (which were always my favorite, because at one time in my life I did not really enjoy nuts in my various foods, but give me some coconut and chocolate and I was in heaven!) but now I love some toasted nuts, raw nuts, any type of nut in everything. I have crossed the song over to represent my baked goods. I was thinking more about how I want to make the best vegan peanut butter cookie, even though the bar version (which I have posted:  http://debbyeats.blogspot.com/2011/02/happy-valentines-day.html) but I wanted to take this mission to another level. I got to thinking how I haven't bought almond butter in a long time and that perhaps I should give it another try. Some time ago I had bought it, tried it, and didn't go crazy over it, but it wasn't bad either. I just thought well maybe I should give it another go. Then I got to thinking how I enjoyed adding the cashew butter with the peanut butter for my bars and well one thought lead to the next and I wanted to try adding almond butter as well to the mix. And so I did just that. Peanut butter, cashew butter, and almond butter all in one cookie! Yummy. So I changed the recipe from the bars a little for this recipe.

Three Nut Butter Cookies


1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup almond butter
1 ripe banana, mashed
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons flax meal
1 1/4 cup whole wheat white flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips (grain sweetened dark chocolate)

Heat oven to 375 degrees and spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.

Mix the mashed banana and the nut butters.

Next mix the water and flax meal together then add it along with the oil, agave nectar, vanilla to the nut butter mix. Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt but do not mix it in completely.

Before it is completely mixed add the chocolate chips and continue to mix throughly.

Place into the mini muffin pan, you can fill them up to the top because they do not puff up while baking. (The dough is very thick, so next time I might try and place them on a baking sheet and bake like real cookies, but we will see.)

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning the pan half way through baking time. I left mine in to 20 minutes, but I think this was too long, so try the 15 first and they should feel soft when touched, but take them out anyway because they harden as they cool. Cool in pan for 8 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

What have I been eating for dinner? Let us see:

What's For Dinner?
Tuesday, March 8th
Rosemary hummus with jicama, cucumbers, and tomatoes.

Wednesday, March 9th
Salad with strawberries, mango, roasted butternut squash, jicama, and pecans with ginger dressing. It was really, really good!

Thursday, March 10th
Roasted veggies with parsley and roasted cashews.

Friday, March 11th
I was interning with this catering company and I had some of the food we were making: mushroom and leek ravioli with a cashew fennel cream sauce (I am sooo going to be recreating that sauce delicious!)

Saturday, March 12th
Salad with my usual veggies and ginger dressing.

Sunday, March 13th
Roasted everything: eggplant. asparagus, green peppers, and mushrooms with tomatoes, black olives, parsley, fennel seeds, and cheese.

(by the way I am not going to be posting pictures of my dinner meals unless I think it is amazing due to the lack of picture storage I have on this blog)

Coming soon...going green for St. Patty's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment