Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Post of 2011

For my last post of 2011 I have for you another soup recipe. I still haven't had much time to experiment in the kitchen with all the recipes I have running around in my head, so for that reason I have only a boring recipe for you. Sorry. (But next year should be full of tons of new recipes.)

If I was having a New Year's Eve party I would have posted about all the food I would have been serving. But I am going out instead so my little head does not need to worry about a menu and can just enjoy bringing in the new year.

I promise for next year I am going to try my hardest to post at least once a week, hopefully more. And I will be finally experimenting with my donut pans, my dehydrator, and some new savory recipes I have been wanting to try.

I can not wait.

Now let's get to this soup. I made a pepper soup. We had a ton of left over peppers from my dad making crab cakes on Christmas Eve and my mom not using all of the ones from the week for lunches. So I roasted them. My nanny gave me a low sodium vegetable broth so a soup was in order. I also wanted to use this new hot sauce I bought. A chipotle hot sauce!!

I was never into smokey flavors, not until recently. With my bacon chickpeas and now this hot sauce, my taste buds are evolving, strange.

5x Pepper Soup


1/4  each red, yellow, green, and orange peppers, diced
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2-1 teaspoons chipotle hot sauce
salt and pepper
cumin, onion powder, oregano, coriander
oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Toss the peppers with seasonings and oil and roast until browned about 30 minutes, depending on size of peppers.

Blend with a food processor of hand blender with the broth and hot sauce, enough for your taste, mine was more towards the 1 teaspoons.
Reheat the soup.

For my toppings:
Roasted mushrooms using the same spices and gucamole. And more hot sauce. Easy and good.

I really hope 2012 will be full of great memories, great relationships, and tons of blessings for everyone! Be safe tonight and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment