Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Cracker

Ha that is such a bad title (for reasons that well are just wrong, but it is a fitting title). I made crackers, therefore a perfect title of this post.

Seed, gluten free crackers to be exact.

I saw this recipe on Oh She Glows blog for Endurance Crackers and thought hey i want to make those, but lets be me and change them up a bit, and you do not have any pumpkin seeds (which is on my grocery list for next time I go to Trader Joes and have money to go to Trader Joes). They are simple and contain only a few ingredients, but ingredients that are found in a well stocked vegan pantry, sorry I have one of those ya know. Chia seeds are the key ingredient in these crackers. But throw in any seeds you have on hand! That is what I did! I also added the last of my garbanzo bean flour just to use it up and to add even more protein to these crackers. Oh and I ate mine all at one shot, I'm a hungry girl! Plus I had babaganosh and tomatoes on them. Yummy meal I must say.

Seedie Crackers

1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
2 tablespoons sunflower
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 tablespoon flax seeds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds (or another one of regular)
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 garlic clove, grated or minced
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Mix all of the seeds, spices, and flour together.

Combine the water and garlic.

Add the water to the seeds, mix and let it stand for a few minutes so the chia seeds "activate" and start to gel up.

Spread onto prepared pan.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Cut into crackers, flip them (I also moved the inner ones out to the edge for more even baking) and bake another 20 minutes. But watch them, they will burn very easily!

I experienced this, but they are still tasty a little burnt. I am truly my father's and nana's child. (They would always burn the bread when they were making toast or garlic bread.)


No comments:

Post a Comment