Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bananas!!!!

I have been on this strange kick of eating a lot of bananas lately. I'm not sure why but hey I love them so i'm not complaining.

How about I make some muffins. One of my favorite quick breads to make is banana bread. I tend to not add anything extras to it like nuts or chocolate chips, which are perfectly fine to add but I just like it plain old banana. I use to add a pinch of cinnamon to it too but soon got yelled at cause of the change (I had to feed into my cinnamon obsession but some family members do not have the same passion as me). I tend to let my bananas get really really ripe so I don't have to add a lot of sugar to the recipe. But if you like very sweet muffins then add in some more. I tend to add honey or agave nectar as my sweetener of choice. I don't have that much of a sweet tooth any more like I have stated before. and we all know I can't make just one version of a recipe so how about 4! Yay! Jam and walnuts, to be specific black cherry jam and blueberry jam.

Banana-4 Way- Muffins

4 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup flaxmeal
2 1/2 cups whole wheat white flour
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray 2 muffins pans with nonstick spray.

Combine the flaxmeal, flour, baking powder, salt,  and xanthan  gum together.

Mash the bananas, add in the oil, vanilla, and honey. Add that to the flour mixture. Add in the 1/4 cup water.

Fill the muffins pans and bake 35 to 35 minutes, rotating the pans halfway while baking.

Variations:
black cherry jam
blueberry jam
walnuts, chopped
In the center of the muffins add in a 1/4 teaspoon of jam. Bake the same.

Fold in walnuts and bake the same.

Muffins!!

My favorite were the black cherry jam muffins. But then again I have always like my surprise muffins I use to make. I had originally called them banana strawprise muffins because I would use strawberry jam in the center and then top with more batter to cover the jam. I miss those, I need to make them. Stocking up on some ripe bananas at the moment. I use to have a lot but now I keep eating them before they become ripe =]  time to stock up!!

Oh and just to share my dinner tonight:
Black bean hummus, yellow peppers, tomatoes, mexican 4 cheese blend, brown rice tortillas, and guac. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment