Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

And in the Morning I'm Making Waffles

That is what both of my brothers said to me when they saw I was making waffles! Haha

So lots of thanks to Leeann's dad for getting me my awesome waffle maker (hopefully I don't break this one like I do with all other gadgets I have =/ but so far so good!) that has removable plates so it can also be one of those sandwich makers for grilled cheese and stuff. Can't wait to play with it more but my first waffles came out great.

Me being the way I am didn't have my waffles in the morning, nope, instead waffles for dinner!! Heck yea! But they weren't your normal waffles (come on guys look who's making them here). How about kale and waffles! No I didn't put the kale in the waffle batter, although next time....

Pumpkin Quinoa Waffles

1/2 cup quinoa flakes (see after the recipe)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon each ginger, coriander, salt, allspice, caraway seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin
1 tablespoon flaxmeal
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup water

Heat your waffle maker according to its instructions.

Mix together all the dry ingredients, and make the flax egg (the 1 tablespoon of water with the flaxmeal) and let it set up.

Add in the pumpkin and the flax egg.

Stir in the water.

Once the waffle maker is ready add in a 1/4 of the batter to each side of your waffle maker or if its one of those big waffles add half of the batter.

Let it cook, I let mine go twice through the cooking cycle to get it crispier.

Serve it up! I topped mine with cinnamon applesauce and kale on the side.
Look they even have waffles on the box!!

So, quinoa flakes???

They are like rolled oats but just quinoa. They can be added to recipes like oats can and also can be used to make like oatmeal only quinoa-meal? Ha I guess. I have some ideas for those quinoa flakes, so keep an eye out for them in the future! Oh and more waffles!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment