Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Avocados

Who doesn't love them?? Cause you are crazy!

Yes the lovely green fruit is creamy, buttery, and fresh tasting and that some people don't like it... at all. It is just so versatile- dips, smoothies, add it to salads, heck I could just eat it straight out of the skin with a spoon (not that I have before or anything).

But my post today wasn't really to talk about avocados completely I just wanted to share with all of you how I celebrated my Cinco de Mayo- with a bunch of avocados. =] I think the best way to celebrate any thing is with tons of avocados! (Good fats people!)

What I did really want to share with you is yet another pumpkin recipe (one of these days I will stop eating it all the time, I promise).

Pumpkin Black Bean Dip

1/2 can of black beans, rinsed
1/2 can of pumpkin
1/4 teaspoon chipotle spice blend (or just chili powder)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro

Mash the black beans with spices.

Add in the pumpkin.

Mix in the parsley and serve!

Quick and easy. Feel free to double or triple the recipe and add more or less spice to your taste.

Dip what ever you like, me on the other hand dipped plantain chips yum!
Happy belated Cinco de Mayo!!

I believe some vegan, raw cheesecake recipes will be to come or cookie dough hummus...

No comments:

Post a Comment