Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

BBC

And no not the channel on TV for British shows!

It stands for banana-blueberry-corn as in Banana Blueberry Corn muffins.

I use to make muffins all the time. Like I mean I ate a muffin for breakfast every morning after my run/workout, before work for two years. Then all of a sudden I stopped. (I do have a feeling as to why, but I'm not going to get into that at this moment.) I switched to eating my huge fruit salads in the morning instead. I really enjoy this, but after making these muffins I think a muffin kick is coming back! Oh yea! I once wanted to own a muffin shop. That's how many muffins I use to make. I had an arsenal of recipes! All different flavor combinations. Oh man so many. Some worked, some failed (but were still eaten because I refuse to throw away any of my works of art), and some where my usual. Such as Cinnamon Raisin Cookie Muffins, Almond Banana Blueberry, Peach, and Surprise Muffins (they had jam in the center). I love muffins!

Banana Blueberry Corn Muffins

1 1/4 cups whole wheat white flour
3/4 cup corn meal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon flaxmeal
1 large ripe banana
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup plus more water
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 3 tablespoons agave nectar (depending on the ripeness of the banana and how sweet you want your muffins to be)

Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mash the banana, add in the oil, vanilla, and agave.

Add in the dry ingredients.

Start to combine, once the batter comes together slightly add in the berries and 1/2 cup of water.

If the batter is still dry, add in small amounts of water until well combined.

Equally divide batter into the muffin pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, turning halfway during baking process.

Allow them to cool, you can eat them now or do as I do, individually wrap and freeze them. Then I take them out and let them defrost over night until its breakfast time!

Easy go to for breakfast. Why did I ever stop eating them. So what do you like to eat for breakfast? Do tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment