Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Raw Brownie Please!

So we all love to eat raw (aka uncooked) brownie batter, Right?! So I have (well actually the raw diet found) a way to do this without using eggs or nasty brownie mixes with all those artificial ingredients, and well a little healthy in a way. All you need are a few simple ingredients and you can be on your way to eating raw brownie batter for yourself. (Ok well if your pantry looks anything like mine you will be able to, but some may need to go get a few ingredients to stock up on.) I can not take all the credit for this recipe. I found a lot of the blogs I read had recipes of how they make theirs. So I just made mine to my liking. And in my head it really does taste like raw dough.

Raw Chocolate Brownie


1/4 cup almond butter
2 tablespoons cocoa powder (I like Hershey's Special Dark, it has a deep rich flavor)
1/2 teaspoon agave nectar

Mix everything up. Yup it's that easy and if you like cold batter put it in the fridge, if you are like me put it on a plate, doctor it up and eat!

A handful of cherries, some grain sweetened chocolate chips, some white chocolate chips, yum!

The almond butter for some reason helps with giving the flavor of raw dough. It's hard to explain, but it just does. And I am not the only one who thinks this either! Other food bloggers have said this, so I was thinking to myself, "They lie!", until I tried it, then I became a believer. There are other raw brownie recipes out there calling for walnuts and dates in a food processor, I just have not tried them out yet, they are on my long list of things I need to make. So until I get to that I am just going to enjoy this recipe.

My upcoming recipe post shall be a farro, butternut squash rissoto. Hum....

No comments:

Post a Comment