Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Do Nut Touch

When I was younger there was this computer game my brothers and I use to play about these vikings and a ship and well all I really remember was this video clip that started the whole game. One of the vikings saw the button and a sign above it said "Do Not Touch" and he read it "Donut Touch," being hungry, he touched it. So the story of my title. (Plus my older brother would always say that was something I would have said, the donut part that is. Nice brother, I know.)

So donuts! Yes, that same loving brother got me donut pans for my birthday last year. I made one batch of donuts after I got them but they contained eggs. This time I made ME some donuts.

My inspiration for this recipe came from a cupcake I saw at a bakery. It was an almond joy cupcake. I thought to myself, "Well you use to love eating Mounds candy (because at that time in my life I was not big into nuts) and now that you love nuts, lets try to make something with those flavors." And I did just that. At first I wasn't sure if I really liked how they came out, flavor wise, but after eating them all, I do like it =].

Almond Joy Donuts


Donut:
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond meal/flour
1 tablespoon date sugar
1 teaspoon flaxmeal
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 teaspoon gaur gum
1/4 teaspoon each baking soda and powder
1/8 teaspoon  salt
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
Topping:
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoon almond milk
2 tablespoon coconut, toasted

Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spray 2 donut pans with nonstick spray.

Combine all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Combine all of the wet ingredients together in a measuring cup.

Pour the wet mix into the dry.

Spoon into prepared pan. (I only filled 6 out of the 12 spots on the second pan.)

Bake 20 to 25 minutes, turning the pan half way durning baking.

While they are cooling,

start melting the chocolate chips either in a microwave or using a double boiler. Add in the milk.

Dip the top of each donut into the chocolate,

then into the toasted coconut.

Eat or let the chocolate topping set.

DONUTS!!!! WOOHOO!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment