Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

What's For Breakfast?

How about some homemade granola?

Sounds good to me. Can I get some please?

Oh, why sure you can. Just go right ahead and make some for yourself! It is easy and taste way better than any you find in the store. Plus you can cater it too your liking.

Pantry Granola

1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cup oats
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup coconut
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup coconut flour (or more whole wheat flour)
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Melt the peanut butter, honey, and spices together.

Add in the water.

Turn off the heat (if not using a microwave) and add in the extracts.

While the peanut butter is melting mix all of the dry ingredients together.

Pour the pb mix into the oat mix.

Pour out onto a baking sheet, there will be some clumps and other loose oats, just leave the clumps because it gives the granola texture.

Bake a total of 30 to 35 minutes, stirring the granola every 10 minutes.

During the last 5 minutes add in the raisins so they can slightly plump up, then remove and let it cool. (I do love some burnt raisins though.)

Place in a container and keep for 5 days in the pantry or 10 days in the fridge.

I used raw cinnahoney for my honey. I have had it in the pantry for awhile now and decided to add it to the mix to add a more cinnamon flavor, you know how I do love that cinnamon. Feel free to add in pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, more coconut, or any nuts that you may have on hand.

I use to make this granola all the time and for some reason stopped. I have been making a quick granola when I crave something more filling in the morning. I do believe I have posted the recipe once before. (Where it is in my blog, I am not 100% sure.)

SO guess what...I finally made some donuts!!

Recipe coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment