Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Cakes?

After making my cinnamon raisin bread I still had a lot of golden raisins left over. I like baking with them rather than eating golden raisins, they are just too sweet to eat. So I made a little cake like thing with them. I had a few bananas that were about to turn, on the fly I whipped up these things and they ended up being pretty yummy. Who would have known haha.

Spiced Golden Raisin Cakes

2 bananas, mashed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnaraw honey or regular honey or agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon cloves and nutmeg and salt
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup water

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray baking pans or muffin tins with nonstick spray (coconut oil spray).

Add the vanilla and honey to the mashed banana.

Mix in the spices.

Add in the flour and baking powder.

When just about mixed add in the raisins. It will be a tad lumpy so add in the water.

Divide into the baking pans and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. (I did this in the toaster oven so they got really brown.) Make sure to spin pans half way through baking.

How cute I found the star pans at Five Below. Love them!!
I topped some of the cakes with cinnamon apple butter or you can just use plain apple butter, we all know of my love for cinnamon, if you don't you may be catching on. And some I topped with cinnamon cashew butter, see now you really know.
Cinnamon Apple Butter
Cinnamon Cashew Butter

They reminded me of something, the way they tasted, I just couldn't really say what exactly it was. I liked both topping so that was a hard choice to say which was better. The apple butter definitely added more moisture to the party but I just love cinnamon cashew butter. So you try and decided.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment