Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas: Come and Gone

Merry Christmas!! (even though it's a day late it still counts)

So I finished all of the cookies I had wanted to make this year. The last were my dad's favorite sesame cookies. The recipe is a family secret so my lips (and hands) are sealed!
They seem like a strange concept for a cookie, sesame seeds and sweet? but as my mom says, "They taste great with tea!" As my mom and I were trying to make them on Christmas, we ran out of sesame seeds, me being the foodie that I am, had some black sesame seeds in the pantry. I pulled out those bad boys, well my dad actually did cause my hands were all cookie-gooped, and rolled some of the cookies in them.
I only made small batches of all the cookies this year due to time restraints and we didn't even make one of our traditional Italian treats stroufili, or honey balls. I just did not have time for them this year. Sad. 

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I sure did. I was lazy and spent the day with my family watching movies, falling asleep during them, fun! 

Here are my latest "What's For Dinner?"

Wednesday, December 22nd- I was lazy and trying to finish shopping for presents so I made a salad (I know I really resort to salads a lot for dinner sorry) with mango, pecans, and the usual veggies I have on hand. 

Thursday, December 23rd
Third time with black bean noodles. This time steamed broccoli, black sesame seeds, and an Asian style sauce with soy sauce, honey, ginger powder, onion powder, red chili flakes, water, and cornstarch. 

Friday, December 24th Christmas Eve
I had a lot to do, so I made myself some frozen roasted veggies (when I made them on Monday, I froze some just for this scenario) with roasted cashews and parsley, then I was off to church.

Saturday, December 25th Christmas Day

Salad (I know I know) with black eyed peas, yellow and green peppers, jimaca, cucumbers,  avocado, black olives, spinach, and roasted red pepper dressing. It came out really good too. 

Sunday, December 26th Snow Day!!

Sauteed mushrooms, eggplant, tomatoes, black olives, fresh rosemary and oregano with sun dried tomato wraps and provolone cheese sangs. (I needed some fresh parsley but neither store I went food shopping at had any...tear)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment