Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

HaPpY BeLaTeD BiRtHdAy

To Me!!
(My bday cake from a bakery in Pennsylvania vanilla cake, pumpkin filling, and cinnamon frosting!)
Yay! Well getting older use to be way more fun, but I am not allowed to complain yet, I only entered my mid-twenties. I am just not where I thought I would be at this age but actually who really ends up where they think they will be. (Did that sentence make any sense?) But anyway, it was indeed my birthday, I celebrated, and had a great time! I love my birthday, the time of the year it is at, being able to have a preset themed party (Halloween), and snow?? Ha yes it is snowing outside right at this moment. I was working this morning, but I came home early due to all of the down trees. Craziness in October!!

Let us get to some food talking now.

I made apple cider spiced mini cupcakes with pumpkin frosting! A mouthful to say and a tasty mouthful to eat. I decided to use apple cider instead of soy milk in the recipe because I didn't have any soy milk and the cider was calling out to me to be used. I based my recipe off of one in the Vegan Cupcakes are Invading the World cookbook.

Apple Cider Spiced Cupcakes with Pumpkin Frosting

3/4 cup apple cider
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/3 cup oil
1 1/4 cups whole wheat white flour
2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Mix the cider, water, vinegar, sugar, oil, and extracts.

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.

Add the liquid mixture in two amounts to the dry.

Combine until you have a well mixed batter.

Spoon batter into a paper lined mini muffin/cupcake pan.

Bake for 25 minutes turning the pan halfway during the baking. Place pan on a cooling rack and let them cool for 15 minutes, then take the cupcakes out of the pan and place on the rack until completely cool.

Pumpkin Frosting
1 cup TrueWhip
1/4 cup 100% pumpkin
1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg

Fold the pumpkin and nutmeg into the TrueWhip.

Frost cooled cupcakes. I piped the frosting on with a large star tip.

Not too spicy, you can taste the apple cider and pumpkin. It all works so well together.

I got donut pans for my birthday...Oh so can not wait to play with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment