Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Apples and Pumpkins

I think they go together. Especially when you think along the lines of pumpkin pie and apple pie, yum! Adding cinnamon and nutmeg to anything makes my heart melt. I just love those spices, I just love spices in general. I am also in love with adding apple cider to a recipes. It adds a subtle flavor burst when you add the cider. I am going to miss it when I use up all the cider I have on hand, that will be a sad day.

The recipe I put together combining these to ingredients were a muffin recipe. I made it wheat free too. The texture was not up to my par, but the flavor was there, spot on (not to boast on my baking though).

Apple Pumpkin Spiced Muffins

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup flax meal
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
1 heaping tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup apple cider
1 cup chopped apples
1/2 cup 100% pumpkin
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a muffin pan.

Combine the apples, oats, flour, arrowroot, baking powder, spices and salt (and walnuts).

Mix the oil, maple syrup, cider, and pumpkin.

Add to the dry ingredients and mix.

Divide into the greased muffin pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.

Allow to cool in the pan completely. Or enjoy warm. Yum!

Feel free to add more cinnamon to the recipe, cause you know I added almost a tablespoon to mine.

I have to get some black beans so I can make my chili! I am jumping on it, I swear. And a friend and I have a combination recipe testing/posting idea that will be soon to come!

Also, look my first attempt at mini donuts, they were not vegan though.

I have to keep trying though.

No comments:

Post a Comment