Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tomatoes Are My Favorite

I do love anything tomato.

Any type of tomato: red, yellow, orange, purple, hybrids, heirloom, sun dried, made into sauce, in a salad, as a salad, in bread, hummus, or as my newest and latest invention- Tomato Bean Balls.

Yes they sound strange, but they ended up being rather good. I found the idea here. So I made them my own way (like always). I might have stated in the past that Mondays at my house are pasta night, well for the rest of the family at least. So I wanted to eat sort of the same meal along with them. I made these little guys.

Tomato Bean Balls

2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and fennel seeds
1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder, oregano,  coriander, and basil
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour

Mix spices with tomato paste.

Add in the flour.

Then add in the parsley.

Chill mixture for 15 to 20 minutes, but this is not really necessary but it does make it easier to roll into the balls.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Roll the mixture into small 1 inch or 1/2 inch balls depending on how big you want them. Place on the prepared baking sheet.

Bake 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size you make them.

Enjoy!

I topped some fresh spinach with them and chopped black olives.

Has anyone ever really looked at a chick pea? I was de-skinning some to make my favorite bacon chick peas for dinner today and those little beans look like chickens to me. With out a head and wings. Next time you eat one look at it, tell me what you think.

Guess what next month is...December! So that means COOKIE TIME!! =]
Oh it is the holiday season yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment