Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Am A Bunny

And bunnies eat carrots, lots and lots of carrots. Which are very good for your eyes!

And ginger, well bunnies don't tend to eat that, but it helps with digestion and a few other things.

Put the two together and you get some Carrot Ginger Soup! (You do need to add a few other ingredients to get the soup, but you get the point.) I have been craving carrot ginger soup for a week now and I finally had the chance to make myself some. When I was working for the catering company we made a carrot ginger soup once and I fell in love with the combo then. This recipe reminded me very much so of that soup. I also made myself some crackers to go along with the soup. I have been wanting to try making a spin on socca (a bread made from chick pea flour). I have seen a few bloggers making their versions, so here is one of mine!

Carrot Ginger Soup with 3 Seed Crackers

For the soup:

1 cup chopped carrots
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 teaspoon oil
salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1 cup vegetable broth
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped

Heat a pan with the oil. Add the onion and ginger and saute until the onions are translucent.

Add in the carrots, salt and pepper, nutmeg, and coriander. Let the carrots cook until they are almost soft.

Add in the broth and let the carrots soften fully.

Now it is time to puree the soup, and watch it become thick with out adding any cream. I used my burmixer (handheld) but feel free to use a blender.

Place back in pot and heat it back up.

For the crackers:

1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup chick pea flour
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
1/2 teaspoon flax seeds
1 teaspoon hemp seeds
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water
water to brush with
salt for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a backing sheet with parchment.

Mix the flours, seeds, salt and pepper together.

Add in the oil and water.

The dough will become stiff.

Flour a board and

roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thick.

Using a pizza cutter, cut out 1 inch square crackers.

Place on the prepared pan.

Brush with water and

sprinkle with salt.

Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until they a brown and some will puff. (If you do not want them to puff up prick crackers with a fork before baking.)

Place soup into a bowl, top with parsley and eat with crackers.

It came out really good, both items. I will definitely be making both recipes again!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment