Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What To Do?

With a ton of eggplant that is going to go bad very soon?

Well try roasting it first.

Then you can eat it just like that or...

Make something with all of that roasted eggplant.

Hey why not make some Babaganoush?

Or maybe try this version...

Sundried Tomato Babaganoush


2 cups roasted somewhat peeled eggplant (roasted with onion powder, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper)
1/2 cup chopped sundried tomato
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, roasted
2 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
dash cayenne

Place the eggplant and garlic in a food processor and pulse a few times like 5 to start mashing the eggplant.

Place in the tahini, cumin, and the dash of cayenne. Start the machine and slowly pour in the lemon juice until a smooth dip comes together.

Scrape down the bowl, add in the sundried tomato and parsley into the bowl. Pulse another 10 or so times until the tomatoes and parsley are incorporated.

Serve with the usually dipping things.

So I am trying kambocha squash for the first time.

I suggested to my boss to stock some organic kambocha for our produce section. He did and now I am going to try it. I decided to roast it with my usual blend: onion, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper. What to make with it now? Or do I just eat it to try it out? Hum....

No comments:

Post a Comment