Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Pumpkin Time

It is finally Autumn, so therefore I am jumping on the pumpkin using bandwagaon!

I love pumpkins!

In any form too, (ok well maybe not pumpkin curry soup, I haven't made a good version or tried a good version of it yet) as in pie, muffins, bread, ravioli, pancakes, etc. Oh and I love the spice (hah pumpkin spice blend) in latte form! Then you know it is really fall once Starb's bust that out on it's menu again.

So I bought my first two cans of 100% pumpkin puree the other day. I wanted to make something different with it, so I came up with Pumpkin Falafel. A riff on the sweet potato one I am in love with. I have a few other ideas that I am supper excited to try out as well. I am thinking of making a version of ravioli but not really ravioli, I'll let you know when I do actually try it out, but for now how about some falafel!

Baked Pumpkin Falafel

1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/4 cup chick pea flour
1/4 teaspoon each onion powder and coriander
1/8 teaspoon each salt, pepper, and nutmeg
2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley


Mix the spices with the pumpkin, then add in the chick pea flour tablespoons at a time and incorporate until a stiff "batter" forms.

Add in the parsley and then cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes or so.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.

Take out the chilled batter and start to scoop tablespoon size dollops it onto the prepared baking sheet.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the brown on top. You can roll the falafel into balls if your batter is cold and stiff enough to.

Let them cool a minute remove from pan and enjoy.

I ate mine with some fennel cashew cream sauce and carrots (sticking with an orange beta carotene theme) and yum!

Yay for pumpkins!

So question, Do you enjoy a good pumpkin?

And tomorrow blue potato gnocchi!


No comments:

Post a Comment